I had an interesting conversation with an older gentleman the other day, and it made me realize something about what feminism has done to modern day relationships. Okay… I didn’t realize anything, but did observe a very interesting occurrence between a man’s need for a woman versus a woman’s need for a man.
Here is the main point; it’s okay for a man to say that he needs a woman, but it is not okay for a woman to say she needs a man.
I’ve heard more men than I can count or remember, including myself, say something like “I’d be dead without my wife” or “I’d be a fat slob, that smelled like a dumpster if I were single.”
Sure, it may be said with a joking manner, but it has a ton of truth to it and we men know that about each other.
Men need our women and here’s why:
- Men forget to take care of themselves. Simple tasks that include hygiene, nutrition, sleep, mental and emotional health breaks, and a long list of other life tasks.
- This doesn’t mean we are not capable of completing these simple tasks, it just means we are easily distracted from doing them consistently.
- No we don’t view women as a mother-type that takes care of us, though women are natural nurturers which is super-duper nice!
- Simply, women notice when we are being inconsistent, and they help remind us, because they love us and we love ’em for it and soooo much more!
- Thank goodness for that! We appreciate the women in our lives that do this for us. Society thanks them too! Trust me… your sense of smell could not handle the odors that would consume the earth in a dense green vomit fog.
2. Men have a natural sense to be problem solvers and providers, but we can be fairly extreme in our efforts, which can have negative effects. Our women usually keep us grounded when the stress is unbearable.
- A lot of men are workaholics, but our women are either supportive and appreciative of our efforts, or rein us back in to live a normal life focusing on what is truly important.
- The stress that we men sometimes feel, can lead to unhealthy coping mechanisms like the bottle or worse.
- If we didn’t have our amazing cheerleaders to be our support system, then some of us would ruin our lives or worse… end up dead. It sounds crazy, but it is true. I’ve heard many men relay that sentiment.
The list can really go on and on.
Here’s the weird part…
Men openly and freely admit this to one another and to our women, without fear of being ridiculed or being emasculated in private or public. It’s common sense for us. It’s truth, and we do not fear the truth in this situation.
Yet, for a woman in today’s world, such an admittance is viewed as being weak and as an attack on feminism.
“I don’t NEED a man!” Is preached like a battle cry to all women.
Again, I ask…Why?
Of course you don’t need a man, and I don’t need a woman… but I’d be lying if I said it. So, are women lying when they say it?
I’m truly curious.
I wonder how many women would actually say that they ALSO need their significant other as badly as we men do.
Wouldn’t real feminism allow a woman the freedom to be strong and equal to a man, but still need one?
Can men and woman really be equal in all things? Should they be? Do we not have different qualities that aide the other and create a strong team that tackles this crazy life?
I guess I am saying; “WE NEED EACH OTHER!”
Why is there a stigma for women to say this when that same stigma does not exist on the man-side?
I’d really love your thoughts on this, so PLEASE comment and help explain it to this caveman.